Audacity is a really well known program for audio recording on the internet. I've used it for years just to fool around with audio tracks that I have. Besides all the make sense musical reasons to have Audacity on your PC there is also something to be said for archiving your own list of sound files. Those who are talented will enjoy turning down their favorite songs voice tracks and singing into their microphone thus substituting their own voice on their favorite rockabilly tunes. You can create your own lullabies or love songs or let your imagination go and put together God only knows what else.
All kidding aside, Audacity is a pretty powerful program and has always kept up it's freeware status. Everyone should have a copy of Audacity on their desktop, everyone should experiment with it and know what it does, and everyone should have a couple of fun, 'when I've got the time' Audacity projects. It does the soul good to stay up late the night your divorce goes through banging out the lyrics to The Guess Who's tracks. Trust me, I know... a night with Audacity can do the soul good. So download Audacity and I'll personally guaranty that someday you'll be glad you did. Oh, one more thing... buy a microphone or you're waisting your time.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows
To complicate things a little for those of you who wonder what else this audio capture freeware can do... There are plug ins. There are basically three areas of plug ins; Ladspa, VST, and Nyquest and beneath those three subcategories there are hundreds of plug ins that generate sounds or arithmetically distort sounds... You could spend a lot of time on Audacity before you understood everything that it does. All this information is available via the main page that I've given you above but just in case you missed it, here is the plug in page as well.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/plugins
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Got a Mic, Make a Recording, Have Some FUN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment